ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE IS BEING PUT UP FOR SALE

One of music’s longest institutions, Rolling Stone magazine, is being put up for sale by founder Jann Wenner ahead of the publication’s 50th anniversary. The controlling shares of the magazine will go to the highest bidder.

“I love my job, I enjoy it, I’ve enjoyed it for a long time,” Wenner told the New York Times. But letting go, he added, was “just the smart thing to do.”

49 percent of the publication was already sold last year to BandLab Technologies, a music technology company based in Singapore. The remaining 51%, and controlling interest Rolling Stone, will go to someone with “lots of money,” Wenner told the Times.

“There’s a level of ambition that we can’t achieve alone,” Wenner’s son, Gus, noted. “So we are being proactive and want to get ahead of the curve. Publishing is a completely different industry than what it was. The trends go in one direction, and we are very aware of that.”

loops radio

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s